Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lookin' Good, St. Louis

I was driving around this past week, and I noticed something. I really like the architecture of St. Louis. And I'm not talking about all the amazing, jaw-dropping skyscrapers downtown (obviously), I'm talking about the houses. The residential living. The places where the people of St. Louis hang up their coats after a long day.

There are so many different styles of architecture throughout the city that it's almost like a mini-timeline of St. Louis. You've got Soulard with it's French Quarter style (if that's even a style), South City with it's little bungalows, Webster with it's turn-of-the-century prairie and victorian homes, U City with it's classic brick structures, the CWE with it's mansions, plus areas like Benton Park and Tower Grove that have a unique style of their own.

Again, I realize this probably sounds extremely gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), but there's something about all the different styles around the city that I really do appreciate.

St. Louis, you are a joke (except when it comes to the different styles of architecture for homes throughout the city).



(NOTE: I know nothing about architecture, so take everything I say here with a grain of salt, as I probably sound like an idiot, but so be it).

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see Lafayette Square mentioned....what's your beef?

    ReplyDelete