Monday, July 6, 2009

In Honor of Joey Chestnut

I noticed something last weekend when I went to the Cards game at The Lolita. It's something I hadn't ever noticed before in the games I've attended. I even asked several real fans who either attend several games a year or have season tickets to confirm whether or not my observation was true. And by all accounts, it is.

There are no hot dog vendors at The Lolita. And when I say "vendor" I mean the guys who walk around and bring stuff to you, not that stands in the concourse.

How is this possible? Am I just sitting in all the wrong sections? Hot dogs are what ballgames are all about, and the fact that I have to leave my seat to get one is ridiculous. Going to a game means sitting in your seat, cheering on your team (or the other team, in my case), and buying beer and hot dogs from the vendors walking around. But in St. Louis you can't do that.

And you call yourself a baseball town.

St. Louis, You Are A Joke

No comments:

Post a Comment