Thursday, July 9, 2009

FoPo

I was a journalism major in college, and I'm pretty sure I was awake at some point during one of my classes, and if I remember correctly some old guy said something about "fair and balanced" reporting. Well, I'm no reporter. But, I still feel like I should make somewhat of an effort to point out a few of the good things about St. Louis.

So I'm going to do just that. I'm sure they won't happen very often (I put the over/under at 5), but this way you'll know I'm not just a 100% bitter dbag who just hates on St. Louis. I'm a 98% bitter dbag who just mostly hates on St. Louis.

Anywho, one of the things I do love about St. Louis is Forest Park. It's a huge park (second biggest in the country next to Central Park) with a ton to do. Golf, biking, running, the Zoo (which my son can't get enough of), the art museum (never been), history museum (never been), and apparently the motor of the original Ferris Wheel buried somewhere in the park. And the restoration they did a couple years ago to most of the park really did revitalize it. It is a truly beautiful park that I never get tired of and always enjoy spending time at. A lot of cities don't have anything like Forest Park, and if they do it doesn't quite compare (I'm looking at you Lincoln Park and Grant Park in Chicago (though playing 16" softball in Grant Park with the city in the background is pretty amazing)), so you really should be proud of it.

So there you go, I like Forest Park and I'm man enough to admit it.

St. Louis, You Are A Joke (just not when it comes to Forest Park)

2 comments: