Monday, June 15, 2009

OMG! It's raining!

Why is it that no matter how little or how much it rains it paralyzes the drivers in this city. It's just rain, people. The roads aren't frozen over. You're not driving on an ice-rink. If you're worried about skidding when you brake, try pumping your brakes (although with anti-lock brakes that every car has nowadays, this isn't even necessary). But driving at a snails pace isn't the answer. Can't see? Use your wipers.

i really don't get it. Rain is nothing new. It's been around since the beginning of time (or at least the last couple hundred years), yet every time it even sprinkles here people act like they've never seen precipitation before. I don't get it. I'm not saying you have to drive 40 in a 35 (god forbid), but you can at least drive 35. But when you drive 30, or even 25 in a 35 (for example), it's too much to take. Just get off the road.

And believe me, I realize you're not in a hurry because there's nothing worth hurrying to in this town, but I'd appreciate it if you'd at least try to learn to drive in the rain. I'm not asking for much here.

St. Louis (drivers), you are a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment