Wednesday, June 24, 2009

No Right Turn On Red

Really? I can't turn right on red? Are you serious?

I realize it's not like every intersection in St. Louis has a "No Turn On Red" sign, but there are way too many. I never really understood the whole "No Turn On Red" thing. Do you assume that, as a driver, we can't handle the responsibility? Is it a blind road or something, where you can't see the cars coming over the hill? Are people just sleeping in the crosswalk that I have to watch out for? Really, what's the reason.

See, I don't get it in St. Louis because A) there isn't that much traffic, and B) the speed limits are so slow that there really isn't a danger to turning right on red.

So really, what's the reason? Are there a couple places where you can't see on-coming traffic? Yeah, I'll give you those. But mostly that isn't the case.

So here is what I'm assuming - St. Louis recognizes that their drivers are terrible at driving, so they are just trying to do them a favor by simplifying the whole experience. How do I know this? Because even when it IS legal to turn right on red St. Louis drivers won't do it, terrified of what might happen. And it is really frustrating. Luckily cops are usually busy pulling people over for going 5 mph above the limit, so they don't notice me turning right on red.

But, that doesn't change the fact that...

St. Louis (drivers), you are a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment